Helicopter Windows has the following technical capabilities:
- Sheet blow moulding
- Sheet flop/drape moulding
- Fibre-glassing (for window surrounds and Replica Cockpit Shells).
Helicopter Windows principal’s Graeme and Evan Vaughan are also able to provide transparency engineering design and manufacturing consulting.
Some examples of this are:
- Advised on tool design for war-bird transparencies such as Beaufort Bomber windows & wing-tip light covers, Lancaster Bomber tail gun turret, and Messerschmitt 109 pilot canopy rear panel;
- Developed and built tooling for Hudson Bomber gun turret, Beaufort Bomber windows, Lancaster Bomber tail gun turret and Messerschmitt 109 pilot canopy rear panel;
- Designed all transparencies and manufactured prototype parts for Delta helicopter;
- Developed and built tooling for air scoop prototypes for the Australian Army’s Eurocopter ARH Tiger helicopter.